F-2 Dependent Resources
Inviting Family Members
Students currently in F-1 status who wish to add their legally married spouse and/or unmarried minor children (under 21 years old) as an F-2 dependent status will need to obtain a Form I-20 for each dependent from ISPO.
F-2 dependents may not engage in any employment in the U.S., including practical training.
F-2 dependents are allowed to participate in part-time study in courses offered by a SEVP-certified school. They may also engage in study that recreational or avocational in nature.
International Family Orientation and Tour
- Enjoy coffee, conversation and friendship every first and third Wednesday of the month at 9:15 a.m., in the International Center Dining Room. Children are welcome.
See the Family Orientation and Tour for more details.
- Daycare, Schools & Babysitting
- Apply for Identification Documents
- Social Security
- F-2 dependents are not eligible for a Social Security number.
- Driver's License
- Please note, dependents must show proof of ineligibility of a Social Security Card with a denial letter from the Social Security Administration prior to applying for a Driver's License.