Information and Forms for Department Advisors
All forms and materials are PDFs unless noted otherwise.
- Form A: DS2019/ I-20 Request by Sponsoring Department
- Form B: DS2019/ I-20 Request by Prospective Student
- Health Insurance Memorandum of Understanding
The International Students & Programs Office at UC San Diego charges fees to departments for its services in issuing documentation for non-degree international students to pursue studies at UC San Diego. The recharge fee can now be paid online by completing the Visa Services Online Recharge Form (below).
Simply log-in under "Business Systems" with your Single-Sign-On user name and password and complete the questions. An e-mail with transaction contents will be sent to the departmental administrator making the transaction, the budget person indicated in the transaction by the departmental administrator, and to ISPO.
F-1/J-1 Recharge Payment
The online payment process allows departments to pay the service fee and/or RUSH fee by index numbers on behalf of F-1/J-1 students. At this time payment can only be accepted via department recharge.
Regular processing time for J-1/F-1 student applications by the International Students and Programs Office is 10 days, provided all required information/documentation has been submitted by the sponsoring department; "RUSH" fee service reduces processing time to 5 days (often fewer).
If you have any questions, contact us by phone at (858) 534-3730.
Select Service Fees
- F-1/J-1 Non-degree Student: $425
- F-1/J-1 Non-degree Student RUSH: $200
- Employer Responsibilities When Hiring Foreign Workers (information from the Social Security office on how to report wages for an employee who has not yet received a Social Security card)
- On-Campus Employment Verification – sample letter
- Workshop: Hiring International Students (updated on 11/23/2015)
- Improve Your International Student Programs and Services Through Evaluation Planning, Dulce Dorado, Director, International Students & Programs Office; Barry Fass-Holmes, Ph.D., Analytical Studies Coordinator, International Students & Programs Office | UC San Diego International Students & Programs Office (ISPO) | NAFSA Region XII Conference | November 2013
- When Parents are Informed, Students Benefit: Connecting International Parents to Your Campus Community, Dulce Dorado, Director, International Students & Programs Office; Laci Weeden, Director, Parent & Family Programs | UC San Diego International Students & Programs Office (ISPO) | NAFSA Region XII Conference | November 2013
- Bridging the Gap: Building a Successful Transition Program for Freshman International Students, Gabriela Hoffmann, International Student Advisor, International Students & Programs Office; Holly Bauer, Ph.D., Asst. Director, UC San Diego Warren Writing Program; Madeleine Picciotto, Ph.D., Director, UC San Diego Writing Center | UC San Diego International Students & Programs Office (ISPO) | NAFSA Region XII Conference | November 2013
- Psychological Issues Affecting International Students, Dr. Rina Schul, Counseling Psychologist | UC San Diego Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) | UC San Diego International Planning Forum | October 2013