Orientation Assistant Program
The International Students & Programs Office invites applications for the Fall 2016 Orientation Assistant Program.
As a volunteer Orientation Assistant (OA), you will play an integral role during the New International Student Orientation held every September to welcome over 3,000 international students to the UC San Diego campus.
- Mandatory 1-day OA Training: Wednesday, September 7
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcome new international students
- Meet with students to determine their immediate needs
- Check students' immigration documents during Document Check Sessions
- Provide information and materials on living in San Diego such as bank accounts and driver's licenses
- Assist in locating short-term and long-term housing referrals in the area
- Make campus and community office referrals as needed
- Assist with all aspects of orientation days on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18
- Assist with the Welcome Events, including International Student Welcome Reception
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, patience, and empathy
- Ability to serve as role model and mentor
How to apply
- Complete the OA Application
Note: Students beginning their studies at UC San Diego in FA16 are not eligible to apply.
- A mandatory waiver form is required for all applicants.
Application deadline: September 6, 2016