We work closely with sponsored program agencies such as the Institute of International Education (IIE), LASPAU, and AMIDEAST, to name a few. In addition, we know the staff at the Cultural and Educational Divisions of the foreign embassies and consulates in the U.S., and have met with representatives of foreign employers, non-governmental organizations, and other institutions abroad who send students to UC San Diego.
We are happy to provide exceptional advising and support services that are tailored to the needs of sponsors and their students.
In addition, the Sponsored Students & Programs Unit welcomes short-term visits from prospective sponsored program agencies to UC San Diego. Please use the Sponsor Visit Request Form below to inquire about scheduling such a visit.
- Aramco Services Company
- Belgian American Educational Foundation (BAEF)
- Brazil Science Mobility Program (Ciencia Sem Fronteiras)
- CONACYT: Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia
- COLFUTURO: Fundacion para el Futuro de Colombia
- CNPq: Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Cientifico e Tecnologico
- CONICYT: Comision Nacional de Investigacion Cientifica y Tecnologica
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Kuwait Cultural Office
- JSC Center for International Programs
- KAUST: King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- la Caixa Foundation
- LASPAU (Academic and Professional Programs for the Americas)
- Qatar Higher Education Institute
- Royal Thai Embassy
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM)
- Singaporean Agency for Science , Technology and Research (A*STAR)
- Singaporean DSO National Laboratories
- Turkish Ministry of Education
- Vietnam Education Federation (VEF)
- United Arab Emirates Scholarship Coordination Office
- University of California Institute for Mexico and the United States (USMEXUS)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
To request meetings with senior administrators and/or academic divisions, research units, or professional schools, the Sponsored Students Services & Programs Unit requires that the requesting party submit the completed Sponsor Visit Request Form (below) at least 21 days prior to the proposed visit date. More advanced notice may result in increased availability of requested meeting participants. The Sponsor Visit Request Form must be completed in its entirety. Additional meetings requested and/or visitors added less than 21 days before the proposed visit date are unlikely to be accommodated.
Upon receipt of the Sponsor Visit Request Form, the Sponsored Students & Programs Unit will consult with the appropriate academic divisions and administrators to determine whether we are able to support the requested visit. We will respond to your request within 10 business days of receiving the Form.
We regret that we are not able to assist with hotel or transportation arrangements. The Visitor Guide to UC San Diego provides lodging, transportation, and other information for visitors to our campus.
The following local hotels offer UC San Diego rates. Please ask for the UC San Diego rate at the time you make your reservation:
While we welcome the use of interpreters during meetings, the Sponsored Students & Programs Unit is not able to provide interpretation services.