Skip to main content



U.S. Government regulations require all international students in F-1 or J-1 status to report their current local address where they physically reside while inside the U.S., and their permanent (home country) address to the governmental SEVIS database. The regulations also require any change of U.S. residential address be reported within 10 days of moving to that new address.

To comply with these regulatory requirements, ISPO requires F-1 and J-1 international students to maintain their "Current Address" (local residential) and "Permanent Address" (home country) in their TritonLink accounts. These addresses in TritonLink are used by ISPO for SEVIS reporting.


Updating a New Address in TritonLink

  • Log into TritonLink.
  • Under "Toolbox" --> "Personal Tools", click "Addresses".
  • Click the "Mailing Address" tab.
  • Click the Change button for the Current Address or Permanent Address.
  • Type your new address (see below for on-campus addresses), and save these changes.

Report Your New Current (Local) Address

  • All international students in F or J visa status are required to report to the governmental SEVIS database their local address where they physically live inside the U.S.
  • You can do this by updating the Current Address field in your TritonLink account with your local U.S. address.
  • ISPO will be automatically notified of this update and will report it in your SEVIS record. You do not need to take any additional action to update your address directly with ISPO.
  • If you move to a new physical address in the U.S., you are required to update your Current Address directly in TritonLink within 10 days.
  • You Current Address cannot be an address outside the U.S., or a UC San Diego department’s address, or a Post Office (P.O.) box.
    • NOTE: During the COVID-19 pandemic, an exception has been made to address reporting in Tritonlink. If you are residing outside the U.S. due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may enter an international address. See the instructions at the top of this page, referencing Address Reporting in the Fall 2020 term.


On-Campus Housing Address

  • If you are an undergraduate (Bachelor's) student livng on campus (Warren College, I-House, etc.), your local Current Address is your Mail Box Number, 9450 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92092-0100.


  • If you are a graduate (Master's or PhD) student living on campus, your local Current Address depends on what Graduate and Family Housing community you live in.
    Here are some of the examples:
    • One Miramar Street: your Mail Box Number, One Miramar Street, La Jolla, CA 92092-0100
    • Mesa Nueva and Nuevo West: your Mail Box Number, 3869 Miramar Street, La Jolla, CA 92092-0100
    • Nuevo East: your Mail Box Number, 4067 Miramar Street, La Jolla, CA 92092-0100
    • Central/South Mesa, La Jolla del Sol, Coast: contact your Housing Office for instructions on how to write your address.


Off-Campus Address

  • Follow the guide bellow to enter your off-campus U.S. address.
  • Do not enter your apartment/unit/suite number or the name of your building/community in the first address line before your street number and street name.






Street Number  Street Name

456 Main Street


Apartment/Unit/Suite Number

Apartment 7









San Diego

State: State California

Zip Code:

5-Digit Zip Code



United States of America

United States of America

Report Your New Permanent Address

All international students in F or J visa status are required to report to SEVIS a permanent address outside the U.S. The permanent address must be a residential address in your home country. It can be a relative’s or friend’s residential address. It cannot be a U.S. address, P.O. box number, university department address, or business address.

In order to update your permanent address in your SEVIS record, you simply need to update Permanent Address in your TritonLink account. It will then get electronically forwarded to ISPO, and we will then automatically update your address in your SEVIS record.

The International Students & Programs Office cannot enter or change students’ addresses in TritonLink; only students can enter or change their addresses in TritonLink.

If you are in non-UC San Diego J-1 or J-2 visa statuses:

This includes students who were awarded Fulbright grants.

  • Inform your non-UC San Diego Responsible Officers of address changes within 10 days of moving.
  • If you need help identifying your Responsible Officer(s), please come to ISPO and bring your DS-2019.

If you are studying in GLI:

  • In order to update your address, contact your Program Coordinator.

Change Your Diploma Mailing Address

By default, UC San Diego will send your diploma to the permanent address listed in your TritonLink account.

If you want your diploma mailed to a U.S. address instead, please send an email to . The subject line should read “Diplomas, ATTN: Diploma Division” and the message should include the following information: your family name, given name, PID, the address to which you want your diploma sent, and the text below:

Dear Academic Records,

My name is________________. My PID is _________________.  I am an international student. Due to immigration regulations, my permanent address in TritonLink must be an address outside of the USA. However, I would like my diploma sent to the following U.S. address instead:

Street Address
City, State and Zip Code

If you have any questions, I can be reached at [your email address] or [your phone number].

Change Your on-Campus Mail Delivery Address

UC San Diego departments, Student Mail Services, the Registrar’s Office, and Student Business Services use your campus address for university mail. If you want university mail delivered to another address, contact Student Mail Services.

Save Your Emergency Contact Information in TritonLink

Your emergency contact is somone local that should be contacted in the event of an emergency, who can either help you or provide information that can help you. Make sure to save this contact information in your TritonLink account.

Register for the UC San Diego Triton Alert Emergency Notification System

UC San Diego uses a phone and e-mail notification system, in addition to the UC San Diego Emergency Status website, to keep the campus community updated in emergency situations. Registration for emergency notifications is voluntary and all members of the UC San Diego campus community are eligible, including students , staff, faculty, parents, and visitors.

Register online for the UC San Diego Triton Alert Emergency notification system.

Update your Email or Phone Number

If you have changed your email or phone number, make sure to update your contact information: