Skip to main content




ISPO provides comprehensive visa status advising and services for F and J visa categories, but unfortunately B-2 visa category is beyond the scope of our expertise.

However, if you are unable to book a departing flight from the US during the grace period following completions of your academic program at UC San Diego or your post-completion OPT,  you are encouraged to follow USCIS instructions for Special Situations and the Form I-539 page for applying for a Change of Status to B-2 Visitor/Tourist visa status to avoid accrual of unlawful presence. Changing status from F-1 to B-2 due to a special situation that prevented a planned and timely departure will be taken into consideration by USCIS while reviewing your application.