International Student Document Check
After arrival into the USA, complete the International Student Document Check within 15 days of your program start date at UC San Diego. You are strongly encouraged to attend the International Student Orientation where we will review the immigration documents together or you can bring your documents to the International Students & Programs Office where a staff person will check your documents. Failure to complete the document check process may result in the loss of your F-1 or J-1 status.
To fulfill the the document check requirement, complete the three steps below.
After arrival in the U.S, make copies of the following documents for your own personal records.
- Copy of your current I-20 (F-1 Students) or DS-2019 (J-1 Exchange Visitors)
- Print your electronic I-94 record (accessible at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov only after arrival to the U.S.)
- Copy of your F-1 or J-1 Visa (Canadian citizens exempt)
- Copy of your Passport Photo Page
* International students sponsored by a third party (Fulbright, IIE, etc) will have an I-20 / DS-2019 issued by their sponsor, rather than UC San Diego. ISPO recommends that third party sponsored students complete the document check process.
* Students at the Global Leadership Institute (GLI) do not have access to TritonLink and therefore must report their addresses by completing the Student Registration Form and submit with copies of the below documents to the International Students & Programs Office.
You are strongly encouraged to attend an International Student Orientation* and bring the following:
- Original Form I-20 (F-1 Students) or DS-2019 (J-1 Exchange Visitors)
- Copy of electronic I-94 arrival / departure card (accessible at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov only after arrival to the U.S.)
- Original passport
Your documents will be reviewed at orientation.